Friday, April 5, 2013

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE SKILLS THROUGH MAGNETIC CUSTOMER CARE

There are basic skills that endear customers and prospects to services. It is of paramount importance that you are acquainted with these basic skills if you must be a successful entrepreneur

A product or service may be attractive, wonderful, in fact, the best among others, but that's not what gets a customer to stay. You want to know what? READ on!

The best product, packaging, services and so on can attract a customer and make them buy for the first time, but their coming back is solely dependent on the quality of customer care service you render; that's the retaining power of any successful organization or business.

  • Bad Manners are A Good Way To Ask Your Customer To Go!

Yesterday in the morning, I drove into a bank so as to address some issue pertinent to my account. On getting to the customer care service desk, one thing caught my attention, the agent's countenance.She had this 'please don't bother me with issues' look that would tell any customer off, and make them not to have the boldness, courage, zeal, and trust to confide in her.
Ordinarily, a customer care agent is one that a customer confides in. In other words, they're the intermediary between the company and the customers. So, for the business to succeed, the company must be well represented by the customer care agent: they're the voice of the company, whatever they say is what a customer believes and acts upon.

Within a few seconds, a customer could decide to withdraw from been serviced by a particular company because of an unexciting and a monstrous expression that beams from a customer care agent, even though such expression could be harmless. But fact is people live by sight. Most times,people're more convinced by what they see than what they hear.This basically applies to face-to-face customer care service.

Back to my experience. When I explained my purpose for coming to the bank, her response was so cold that I felt like 'were you interviewed alongside other candidates, and the interviewer or whoever was in charge of the result dimmed you fit for the job?' Anyway, I played along because I was not ready to allow anyone get on my nerves and leave me feeling bitter. During discussion, she told me my document was not complete, so I had to go back to the office and get the required document.

On getting back to the bank, I met two other people at her desk. But because I had been there earlier, I approached her desk, with a kind smile requested for a form, which was lying just before her. With a menacing and threatening look, she sized me up, and replied 'excuse me please!' in a tone that suggested disdain, contempt, and carelessness. I stepped back immediately, 'Am sorry.' I replied.

Before I came back the second time, there had been a network problem, so that the banking hall wall full with people, some sitting carelessly and exhausted on the walkways, others leaning against the wall in frustration. After standing for an hour, I became anxious to go. I was in-between my thoughts when I heard a voice that brought me back to the present. 'Can you have your document!' The customer care agent screamed. I was shocked that a customer care agent could scream at a customer. I was concerned. After a while of unprecedented silence and staring at her, I beckoned at her. 'Excuse me. Am sorry, but I must tell you that your attitude as a customer care agent is uncalled for. You're supposed to promote the image of the company, but rather, you're doing the opposite by your non-nonchalant attitude. A customer care agent is supposed to be courteous, smile and speak to customers in a well-mannered way. Am sorry, but I just have to say it, perhaps you'll turn a new leaf.

As I spoke, those around me nodded their heads in agreement. Others muttered words like 'yes, that's true.' 'I had wanted to tell her the same thing.'

That was it!
The next minute, the same customer care agent that had her face made up as a masquerade, now wore a beautiful, courteous and friendly look.



She was smiling at everyone who spoke to her, driving her point home with enthusiastic gestures. In less than five minutes, everyone was talking and smiling to the customer care agent.What did it?The innocent and harmless words I spoke to her because I was concerned with the success of the company, and her job as a customer care agent; I wanted her to improve in her skills and customer care service. Thank God she did.

The role of customer care agents in an organization cannot be over-emphasized. Customer care service is the bed-rock of any organization;there lies the success of any business.

At that instant when the customer care agent made that excoriating statement, during the time I paused, that space between stimulus and response, CHOICE, I was contemplating between leaving the hall and staying to complete the transaction. And of course if I had left, I would have ended every business I had with the particular bank.

The above scenario is the reason that companies lost millions of dollars year in year out.

With a good customer care agent, you're sure to have good business deals with customers and prospects.

Please leave your comment.

2 comments:

  1. Being able to provide your clients proper service is what customer care is about. For Australian companies, Australian business toll free numbers sell like popcorn. that's because giving their clients convenience in reaching their phone line is the start of a good customer service.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Wow very entertaining post Ive notice that there are many How to get 1300 Number that giving to a business to give them many clients. Most busineses are using smart numbers to easily remember by their clients.

    ReplyDelete